Monday, July 12, 2010

pixietails


sooo looking forward to friday! Getting various pixietail animals tattooed, half sleeve on my right forearm, feels like I'm high on the excitement and antici..............pation .Bouncing around on happiness bubbles.


And for those that don't know what pixietails are, as you werent old enough too remember them from the 80's, or were too old to be into it or were more into He-man or transformers, pixie tails were toys, and in a cartoon and books called Lady Lovely Locks .They were little pastel rainbow colourful animals with long pony tails that were LLL's friends and helpers that liked to sit on her head and fly around talking in ryming riddles and cast magic spells on naughty people. They were chipmunks, rabbits, fish, snails, turtles, canary type birds, mice, and ducks all with long swirly hair tails. Very very 80's and girly and very possibly the beginnings of a lifetime obsession with having hair like a toy from that era. Brings back nostalgic happy childhood memory glee.

One of my favourite artists Junko Mizuno collects 80's toys too(she has the most amazing huge collection arranged around her studio) and in interviews she's spoken about them being such vibrant source of inspiration for her and how she couldnt make art without them ( And me too!!) I remember seeing some creatures in Pure Trance and other of her comics that remind me of pixietails, chubby flying birds with long colourful pony tails that were so awesome!

4 comments:

  1. haha that's my picture, oh my how random.

    sounds like such a lovely tattoo/tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it? sorry I couldnt remember where it come from hope you don't mind, just wanted to show an example of pixietails, I think I did a google image search and it popped up. The tattoos are a 1/3 of the way done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't happen to know the name of the original artist do you? I think it's Marie something? I'd like to know more about maybe what other art she's done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi did you get your tattoos?? I love pixietails so found your page. I'd love to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete